Nowadays, applications have become essential to handle several things instantly and in real time. Whether it is personal or business, you can find applications for all categories on Google Play Store. However, Google Play Store is not limited to Android smartphones and tablets, and you can also download it on Windows PC to run Android apps.
Even though you can’t use Play Store on Windows PC natively, Android emulators like Nox Player and Bluestacks will help you to install and run Android apps & games on your computer easily.
What You Can Find on Google Play Store?
Here are the things you can download or access on Google Play Store.
Note – Earlier, Play Store offered Movies and TV Shows for both renting and purchasing options. Now, it has been moved to a separate app called Google TV.
Features of Google Play Store
Unlike other App Store, Google Play is unique as it is user-friendly with many unique features. Here are some of the major features that make Google Play Store stand out from others.
Tons of Apps – Google Play Store offers nearly 2.87 million applications to download. They have a wide range of apps that you can download categories like productivity, shopping, messaging, education, news & magazines, tv & movies and many more.
Google Play Protect: Play Store comes with built-in security called Google Play Protect. It scans each app before downloading them. Even after installation, it checks the installed apps regularly for any malware or virus.
Parental Control: Since Play Store has millions of apps, it is possible that your kids might stumble upon an app that is not suitable for their age. Upon enabling that, your kid needs to enter a security PIN while installing an app or game that is not rated for their age.
Biometric Authentication: It is another security feature on Play Store that prevents your kid and other people from making purchases via your Google Play account.
Beta Testing: Generally, developers launch the beta version of the app before releasing the standard one. It helps them to identify and rectify the bugs in the app with the help of public review. By joining the beta version of the app, you can help the developer to solve the issues on the app.
Early Access: Apart from the Beta feature, Google Play also provides an early access feature for apps that are about to release. By joining the early access, you might be invited to try the app or game before it is released to the public.
Update Apps and Games Automatically: One of the advantages of Google Play Store is that you can configure it to update the installed apps and games automatically via Wi-Fi or mobile network. If not, you can update them manually at any time.
App Recommendations: Based on the apps and games, you will get personalized recommendations whenever a new one is released on the Play Store.
Wishlist The App: Google Play Store lets you add apps to your wishlist. By doing so, you can install the required app whenever you want. You don’t need to search for it in the library.
Regular Updates: Generally, the Play Store will be updated regularly to include new features and interfaces. If it fails to update, you can manually update the Play Store from its settings.
How to Download Google Play Store on Windows PC 7, 8, 8.1, 10, & 11
There are plenty of Android emulators available online to run Android apps. However, Bluestacks stands out from others with features like
- Better RAM management
- Minimalistic UI design
- FPS lock
- Instance manager
- ECO Mode and many more.
System Requirements for Bluestacks 5:
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, & 11 (supports both 32-bit and 64-bit)|
|Processor||Intel or AMD Processor (Both )|
|RAM||8 GB or higher|
|Storage||5GB of Free Space|
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti|
Related – Apart from Windows laptops and computers, you can use the Bluestacks emulator to download Google Play Store on Mac.
How to Download Bluestacks on Windows PC
- On your Windows computer or laptop, open a browser and search for Bluestacks. Or, click this link to go to the Bluestacks website.
- On the website’s home page, you can find the Download Bluestacks option. Click on it.
- A setup file (.exe) will download.
- Run the downloaded setup (.exe) file. A pop-up will appear to make changes on your device. Click YES.
- Then, the file would analyze your PC and download a suitable version for your PC.
- The download may take a few minutes, depending on your internet speed.
- After downloading, Bluestacks will install on your Windows device automatically.
- Upon installation, launch the Bluestacks and log in to your Google Account.
How to Run Android Apps on Windows Using Bluestacks
- After signing in, the Google Play Store icon will appear on the home screen itself. Tap on it to open the Play Store app.
- By default, the Play Store will sign in with the Google Account that you configured on the app.
- Head to the Search bar and type in the app name you want.
- Select the app logo to open its information page.
- Click on Install and wait for it to download on your PC.
- After installation, the app would work just like it would on an Android phone.
- Bluestacks displays all the installed applications on its home screen.
- Multiple apps can be opened at a time in blue stacks. Also, it offers controls like reducing volume and brightness, taking screenshots and much more from the home panel itself.
How to Play Android Games on Windows PC Using Google Play Games Beta
Google Play Games is a beta site released by Google in 2022. It works only in specific regions. With the help of this site, one can play Android games on their PC without installing an Android emulator. Visit this support page to find out whether your PC meets the requirement to access Google Play Games Beta.
1. Visit https://play.google.com/googleplaygames/ and download the Beta version.
2. Once downloaded, install it on your PC.
3. After installation, you are required to enable some settings on your PC.
- Turn on the Windows Hypervisor platform. It would take effect after a restart.
- CPU virtualization settings must be turned on in your CPU BIOS settings.
4. After this, open the app and sign into your Google account.
5. You can now play your favourite games directly on your PC.
Note – Google Play Games is still in its beta stage. You might encounter a few bugs, and you may not be able to find all mobile games on your PC.
Is it Safe to Use Play Store on Windows PC?
Yes. It is completely safe to install Android emulators and run Android apps on Windows computers. Since it has a built-in security feature, you can install the apps without worrying about any privacy issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can use Google Play Store on Windows PC to download & try Android apps on a larger screen. However, it can be accessed only with the help of Android emulators.
Yes. You can access Play Store on Windows without Bluestacks using Nox Player, Genymotion, KoPlayer and more.